Management and A&R/ Music Development
Contact Hours: 12
Class 1: Artist Management
- Understanding of the roles of managers and management.
- Understanding of the skills and traits required for talent management.
- Learn about conflict of interests and how they can adversely affect the artist-manager relationship.
- Introduction to contracts for managers.
Class 2: Managers and A&Rs as Stakeholders in Talent Development
- Understanding of the roles of an A&R.
- Ability to highlight revenue opportunities for A&R practitioners in the industry.
- Knowledge of the A&R process and players involved.
Class 3: Talent Discovery, Assessment and Development
- Understanding of the artist development process.
- Learning how to assess discovered talent.
- The artist’s life cycle.
Class 4: Artistic Identity and Establishing a Core Audience for Talent
- Identify important elements of audience and fan engagement for conversions.
- Knowledge about how to create an identity for the talent.
- How to use social media and existing digital platforms to establish core audience